Friday, June 21, 2013

Assumptions and Judgement: I don't like it.

I usually don't post stuff like this, but I have to get it out since I don't like bottling things up.

One of my pet peeves: people assuming things about me when they don't even ask me personally. It truly offends me because I feel like they haven't even taken the time to get to know me before making that assumption. I feel like I'm being judged and I really don't need that at this point in my life. You either love me or hate me and that's that.

If you are a friend or an acquaintance of mine who I see on a regular basis and you are on my Facebook or Twitter, please if you have something to say about me, don't be afraid to chat it up. YOU added or accepted me for a reason, right? I put in the effort to socialize with via a call, text, chat room, a post, etc. I expect a response back. If you are too busy to respond, just let me know with a simple "I have to go," I'm busy at the moment," or "I'll talk to you later." It's not that hard, folks.

I can't promise I won't get angry, sad or happy, but there's always going to be pain and suffering for both parties involved. So don't do further damage to someone's character by keeping it to yourself or telling someone else. if you have a problem with me or you find something questionable regarding my being, please let me know. I'm not a mind reader and I'm still learning a lot about myself just like everyone else on this planet.

Then again, maybe I'm the one making the assumptions and I just don't realize it. In any case, this should apply to everyone and their relationships with friends and family. It makes dealing with life's other aspects a whole lot easier when issues like the ones I just mentioned are discussed, dissected and becomes water under the bridge towards building a less stressful and drama-free future.

Oh, and if I'm doing the same thing, I apologize in advance for any pain I might have caused. Please call me on it face-to-face before it blows up out of proportion. I don't like hurting people unintentionally without my knowing.

That's my rant for tonight. Hopefully my next post will be a lot more positive and cheerful than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment